Welcome to Invision Focus!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Pete T

Member Discouragement

Member Discouragement

This plugin will subject your troublesome users to random errors, delays, redirects etc with the aim of making them leave your forum and never come back this is is better than banning them.

Hi, thanks for this plug-in.

I'm very pleased to find it. We have just converted from a vBulletin forum where there was something called "miserable users" which was extremely useful. You have probably heard of it.

I run a very large forum – www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk and we need something like this plug-in from time to time.

The vBulletin version simply allows you to begin a new user group and any time you wanted to discourage someone, you put them into that user group and that was it.

The good thing about it was that it was extremely easy to check the identities of the people in the user group because they were thereby username rather than ID number.

If you are thinking of refining your plug-in more, then you might like to consider that as a suggestion. I think it would make it easier to use and easier to manage for administrators of large forums.

Regards

I suddenly realised – that it asks for member IDs. Does this mean it once the number or the name? Thanks

24 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I suddenly realised – that it asks for member IDs. Does this mean it once the number or the name? Thanks

So need add members ID it's easy find in Admin Cp or profile as example your ID 9 before username has the number.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

Fantastic.
Thank you very much indeed.

Your welcome happy help.

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

Hi, thanks for this plug-in.

I'm very pleased to find it. We have just converted from a vBulletin forum where there was something called "miserable users" which was extremely useful. You have probably heard of it.

I run a very large forum – www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk and we need something like this plug-in from time to time.

The vBulletin version simply allows you to begin a new user group and any time you wanted to discourage someone, you put them into that user group and that was it.

The good thing about it was that it was extremely easy to check the identities of the people in the user group because they were thereby username rather than ID number.

If you are thinking of refining your plug-in more, then you might like to consider that as a suggestion. I think it would make it easier to use and easier to manage for administrators of large forums.

Regards

This username option would be nice but might see few issues so might need run tests see if could be added at later stage, the first issue would be if username was changed by the Admin would the setting know this. Main example would be if user signup as Fred Bates but asked the Admin change to Fred B because felt wanted keep surname private would the plugin know Fred Bates is now Fred B.

Yes, I take your point – but if the username was linked to the user number, then it would probably work.

The username would simply be what was displayed and would be more friendly to manage. In the background of course it would be the member number which was being discouraged.

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

Yes, I take your point – but if the username was linked to the user number, then it would probably work.

The username would simply be what was displayed and would be more friendly to manage. In the background of course it would be the member number which was being discouraged.

Yeah its should work but as said will need test this but will be looked at later stage as need get all my plugins updated to 4.4.1 then once all finished i take look at feedback ideas on plugins.